Yes this is quite ambitious idea to be able to create an autonomous quadcopter fleet!
This is the kind of things that let me dream Swarm Quadrotors by lexus-int:
Today it’s just an idea, a dream… There is no plan, a lot of details are not defined and hope that writing some blog post will help me give guidelines and focus on that project ;)
Current guidelines are very high level:
- This thing should fly which we are calling quadcopter in this post
- Expected to fly indoor
- Try to use common products publicly available and used by a lot of people
- Could be great to create a fleet
- quadcopter should be autonomous (no planning, no manual commands)
- quadcopter would received desired state or target task (ie: bring the tv pad close to me, show me what’s happen in the kitchen…)
- quadcopter should remember it’s environment and share with others
- quadcopter should able to avoid contacts and assume that its environment could change
- Openness! This project must be based on Open-source hardware and Open-source software!
Other resources about quadcopter swarm (already 4 years ago!):